Monday

19.

I'll be hearing no more of your sad songs
No more will I receive your stories about war and conflict
No more will I hear your voice chastising me and cutting me apart

You were the waves against my shores but now you are no more

You can go on and sing about how much I've hurt you
How I threw you around like a whale with its seal
How I tore you down like Germany with its Berlin Wall

But I will sit here safe and sound and you'll know for sure I'm not around

I hope you have a good day, if it's any consolation for what I've done
I hope you find happiness in someone like I have found in him
I hope you live your life knowing that the end is there, so live like you're dying

But who cares what I hope because I doubt it'll help.

------

Good bye, sad song

1 comment:

  1. I care about what you hope. You'll find i'm a lot less... cruel these days. Someone found my chest and threatened to stab my heart. ;) Death has a funny way of shuffling one's priorities. Anyway, the only doubt I would have concerning me is that someone will come along. now, someone WILL come along,but they'll only be half as lovely as you. And (I doubt you are) but don't be too hard on yourself. I had it coming after all. ;)

    ReplyDelete

You are a body in space, a model on paper. You belong with me.