Thursday

05.

and you are like

the suitcase sitting in my closet
drowning under the numerous
fingers and arms and feet and limbs
of my heart and soul and love and

i wish i could just

buy a train ticket and just go to
a place where the throat of the
mountains roar and the elephant
grass grows above my head and

when i get there i’ll

throw this old candle to the side
and scream into the wind and
become the rain and the wind and
the air rushing out of my lungs and

you said to me that night

good bye i’m leaving and then there
was nothing but silence and that
silence was noise, the loudest noise
i have ever heard and that’s when i knew


----

you meant it.

3 comments:

  1. I like the last paragraph, "Was nothing but silence and that silence was noise, the loudest noise" Especially that one. =) Keep it up! Your poetry is good stuff as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the best poets I've ever read, and I swear that's saying a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you anon. That's a really powerful sentence for me too. Who knew silence could be so loud? :p

    And thank you so much Erin. That does mean a lot coming from someone who is as an amazing of a writer as you. :)

    ReplyDelete

You are a body in space, a model on paper. You belong with me.